Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Crane Paper, My Paper Crane

I spend a lot of time on Google using their various tools, but especially their keyword search functions. I've got to be up-to-the-minute on all that's happening with "Crane Paper."

Whenever I do a search for "Crane Paper," I get all these references about "Paper Cranes," a universal symbol of peace. And I also get lots of hits for "My Paper Crane." Finally, after several years of seeing My Paper Crane crop up in my searches, I decided to see what My Paper Crane was all about.

I'm glad I did. Heidi Kenney and her plushy creations make me smile. They are cute. They are clever. They are cuddly. Now I'm an addict. I have to stop by at least once a month to see what Heidi has come up with.

From Heidi's FAQ, here's what inspired her:

"The first time I tried origami, I was making a paper crane. When I was finished I was so amazed that a simple square of paper could be turned into something so beautiful! The name My Paper Crane tries to embody that thought, the idea of taking something simple (whether it be fabric, paper, etc.) and turning it into something amazing."

You should stop by. You'll be glad you did. Here are some of my favorites:

Clockwise from top left: Happy Banana, Burnt Toast, Surprise Mushroom, Cinnamon Roll, Used Tissue and Fortune Cookie.

No comments: