Monday, August 18, 2008

Choose a College Gift for Holly

As I get older, it seems the list of things I'm no good at gets longer and longer. The latest realization is that I'm not very good at selecting gifts for those outside the immediate family.

With that in mind, here's the scenario: Holly, the daughter of some long-time friends, is arriving to attend Williams College next week. She's coming from overseas, so my guess is she's traveling light. I want to give her a dorm-warming gift, but haven't been able to settle on the right item.

This is where you can help out. I went online and took a look at Crane's Ideas for College Students and Gifts Under $40 and selected six options.

Please leave me a comment with your preference between now and Friday, Aug. 22, and the item with the most votes is what Ms. Holly shall receive.



Thanks for the assist,
Peter

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I choose the Posy: it is youthful, practical, pretty and takes up less space than the magnet board, more fun than the light, more permanent than the tea, way less serious than the collision kit, and I'm over note pads-that's what phones are for-save paper for your beautiful Crane products. You might slide into the posy a gift card for i-tunes, a picture of the family dog, and a good quote.

Anonymous said...

I say The Mod Notepad takes the cake. Its unique, functional and a terrific design. Don't forget, this purple color scheme will impress many at Williams College... It's a slam dunk.

Unknown said...

I vote for the Flex Neck USB Light... plus some "accident forms." :-) Having been a college student (a hundred years ago), I can imagine getting a lot of use out of this item, especially since it requires no outside power.

Sweet Olive Press | Helen said...

I like the posy. If I had one on my desk, it might be more orderly!