Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Disney Stationery Collection Brightens a Day

Let me set the scene for you. It's 41 degrees and pouring. There are still leaves on the trees and there's a Nor'easter on its way. I can't finish stacking the four cords of firewood because my back is killing me. I could go on, but you get the picture.

I'm cranky.

But Walt Disney makes me smile. Even today.

Crane is launching the new Walt Disney Signature Collection on its website today, and flipping among the designs is just a happy thing to do. It recalls the launch at the National Stationery Show and how well the collection was received by the media. It brings back fond childhood memories.

Walt Disney’s legacy has lasted more than 80 years, and his life inspired generations to be innovative and creative. The Walt Disney Signature Stationery Collection celebrates Walt and his creativity with three distinct and elegant lines including: The Executive Collection, Sleeping Beauty Collection, and Fantasia Collection. In order to authentically interpret Walt Disney’s brand essence, designers from Crane were provided special access to artwork from the Disney archives.

There's a lot to look at and admire in this collection, but I can't do justice here to the beauty and elegance of my personal favorite - Fantasia Fairies. The images on these cards and notes are stunning. In my opinion, they represent the height of the art of engraving. You'll understand when you see them in person.







Here's a look at some other highlights of the collection:



And though the new Mickey Mouse Initial Notes are not officially part of the collecton, I think they're pretty special and will be very popular this holiday season.



Oh, almost forgot. Check out the "Buy 75, Get 25" stationery sale.

And finally, Ms. Bliss (she's keeping her maiden blog persona) is back from her glorious honeymoon, nesting away in northern Vermont. On Friday, she posted a link to one of my favorite things I need to avoid: chocolate peanut butter cupcakes.........

No comments: