Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Sonic Commercial: Money Made from Trees?

Hi Gang:


Just a quick appeal for your assistance. I figure we're less than six degrees of separation from this one.

I heard from two people at Crane today that Sonic Restaurants is running a commercial with a mom and child, where someone says "money is made from trees."

Now, of course, we all know that our nation's currency is made from recovered cotton and flax fibers, not from trees. But if today's reports are true, Sonic's ad agency believes the opposite.

Don't get me wrong, I love these ads. I think they are clever, with lines delivered beautifully by their ensemble of improv artists.

But, but, but. Money may grow on trees, but no trees have been used to make U.S. currency paper. And certainly no tree has ever been sacrificed to purchase a Sonic burger.

So please help me out. Send me a link. Send me a video.

And you shall have some Crane stationery -tree-free, of course!

I thank you in advance.

Peter

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If I go to sonic hamburgers and spend any money at all, rest assured it came from cutting trees down. Why? Because that's what I do for a living! I'm a forester and I make most of my money managing forests most of which involve harvesting trees. I always say "my money grows on trees" and it does - but as based on an interest rate, not cold hard cash! I also enjoy these creative ads...They help to make some people think!