Friday, April 11, 2008

Friday Eye Candy


A bit of a twist on this week's edition of Friday Eye Candy.

Back in October, having just returned from the annual meeting of the Friends of Dard Hunter in Washington, DC, I knew there was a problem. There were cracks in the walls and the outside door to my office wouldn't open.

When the contractor arrived, we pulled up a piece of floor in my office. He reached down to check the condition of the sill, and came up with a handful of stuff that looked more like compost than wood. Construction, or rather destruction, began the next day. So, for the last six months, I've been operating out of a walk-in closet upstairs.

Until this week.

The first photo is hardly eye candy, but the context is useful.



That gaping hole is where my office was. That's Dave Thomas, my contractor, on the right. I wish I had pictures of my office before it decided to implode, but there was no real good reason to have any. It was just a place to work. Now you can understand why I'm loving where I work.


My work station



My "photo studio"







The warmer-upper




Blog Central




The view from Blog Central

No comments: