Sunday, March 15, 2009

Small Art Creates Big Handmade Paper Impression

I'm spending entirely too much time living vicariously. I've definitely got to get out more.

Case in point: The annual meeting of the Friends of Dard Hunter last October was in Hawaii. Think I could get there? Nope. But those who did have been kind enough to send me photos. Certainly not to rub it in......

The members' exhibit at the annual meeting called for participants to create up to three postcard-size works. Entries were required to include handmade paper, but could also involve any other media or technique.

The range of works varied from collage to pulp paintings; prints to three-dimensional origami. The techniques included in the work incorporated handmade papers with encaustic, stitching, origami, and embossing relief. The artwork featured scrolls, feathers, masks, watermarks, fabric, threads and seeds. To sum up the show, it was basically all eye candy.

Here are four of my favorites:




To see all the works, please visit me Flickr page here.

No comments: